KS2 SCIENCE LEARNING AT HOME
Try these experiments at home. Take photos of you carrying out your experiment and of your results – or draw them! Go online and find out about the science behind your experiment. Try and use scientific words to explain what happened
EXPERIMENT 1: How do plants take up water?
You will need: -
- Water in a glass
- Food colouring or an old water-soluble felt tip pen (not a Sharpie!) that you don’t need any more
- White flowers – I used daisies that you can find in your garden, at any park or on any grass verge
- Colour the water. Either dissolve the food colouring in the water or put the felt tip pen nib into the water and leave until the water has changed colour.
- Put the flowers into the water – make sure you use scissors to freshly cut the stem just before you put them into the water.
- Leave for up to 24 hours.
- What happened to the flowers?
- Why does this happen?
- What is this process called?